Foreign academic staff.
Open competition for foreign academic staff selection within the framework of Project Applications Selection Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2 “To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization” (ESF funding)
“Promoting the Employment of Foreign Academic Staff at the Latvian Maritime academy”
The aim of the Project – to promote the employment of foreign academic staff in Latvian Maritime academy.
Project results – 30% of the foreign academic staff who have received ESF funding continue to work as academic staff at Latvian Maritime academy.
Project time period – from 4th quarter of 2018 to 3rd quarter of 2023, with minimum project participation set at 6 months.
Requirements and selection criteria for the beneficiaries:
1. Persons who have been employed in the academic position of any accredited foreign higher education institution during the previous five years;
2. Doctoral or Master’s degree in the corresponding field of science or the equivalent field of science;
3. Experience in academic work (teaching, supervision of students, courses, etc.)
4. Scientific qualification (h-index, publications, conference abstracts, research projects, etc.) will be considered as advantage
5. Knowledge of foreign languages, especially English, and skills to use it for studies and methodological work. Knowledge of Latvian language will be considered an advantage;
6. Motivation to develop academic career or cooperation with Latvian Maritime academy;
7. If necessary, (video) interviews with candidates will be organized.
When applying for ESF funding, the following documents are required:
1. CV – Europass or in a free form with respect to the above requirements and conditions.
2. Motivation letter with career plan and description of research trajectory (optional).
3. Recommendations (optional).