LMA provides the following institutional support measures for teachers/students mobility:
1) Courses in English offered for incoming students in accordance with the previously signed Learning Agreement for studies;
2) Accommodation in the LMA hostel or students’ dormitory;
3) Assistance in visa obtaining process, if necessary, and any other necessary support for incoming students and teachers;
4) LMA curricula conform to the Bologna system and the national credit points are transferred into the ECTS credit system.
Since 2006 the LMA campus is located in outskirts of Riga – approximately a 30 minutes drive from the city centre. The campus comprises several buildings including the LMA headquarters, a study centre with a library, a research and development centre, mechanical and welding workshops, a dormitory and a hostel for guests and the LMA staff.
Application deadlines for incoming students:
1 June for the autumn/fall semester and 1 November for the spring semester
Necessary documents (for EU students):
Necessary documents (for non-EU students):
- Application form (see the above form)
- Learning agreement (see the above form)
- Transcript of records
- Multiple entry (D-type) visa to be obtained in the student’s home country
Documents required for a visa application:
- a request for an entry visa submitted by the LMA prior to the student’s application for a visa
- a valid travel document;
- a visa application form filled out and signed;
- a photograph;
- a valid travel medical insurance policy;
- the student’s Learning Agreement duly signed;
- a document certifying the place of residence in Latvia;
- documents indicating that the applicant possesses sufficient means of subsistence both for the duration of the intended stay and for the return to his country of origin or residence (14 EUR per day).
More information about visas and invitations is available on the websites of the Immigration Office http://www.pmlp.gov.lv/en/home/services/visas-and-invitations/#1 and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs http://www.mfa.gov.lv/en/consular-information